Saturday, September 26, 2009

Five things Friday (okay it's Saturday)

1. Finally, I ran outside again! The other night I was down at the neighbors, barefoot. Occasionally, I like to trot home up the street. It hit me as I was trotting this time, that there wasn't any pain. None at all! So Friday I decided I'd do my 3 miler around the 'hood. Other than a couple of very minor twangs with a misstep, I think I'm back to being able to run normally again. Thankfully, fall temperatures are here which makes the accomplishment even more exciting.

2. I've applied for another job over in the maintenance department and this time, it feels pretty good. I had two good conversations with the hiring manager, who I've worked with before on projects with Ground Ops a few years back. I'm also excited to know that the director over him is my former director. I get her and like the way she works, even if she is tough. I need the change and this opportunity should be a good one for future career advancement. Interview is Monday morning. Fingers crossed.

3. I got a sweet card from a friend of mine who I look up to. It was a welcome surprise on a day that wasn't bad, but not great either. It's amazing how someone taking the time to do a handwritten note can make your day. Thanks, J!

4. Badminton. Who would've thought that such a genteel sport could be so ruthless? I learned to play last Sunday in order to get ready for the Corporate Challenge. My partner, Jade, was patient and really a great teacher. We ended up taking silver for women's doubles! I'm sore. LOL!
5. Swimming. I love swimming. Love it! Well one nice thing is that the sweat doesn't show when you're working hard. LOL! This week we did the Corporate Challenge and did a swim meet. The team didn't do badly at all; in fact, we took gold in the 4x50 mixed relay! I could've done a bit better in my 50 free, but missed the wall. Missed it! But I damn near caught up to the girl who passed me by the time we got to the wall.

Have a wonderful week, y'all!

5 comments:

said...

Yay! Aren't you thrilled with the temperatures?! I'm feeling inspired to run too and I normally despise it.

I LOVED badminton in college. Yes, I took it as one of my physical ed classes. It is a blast.

I'm ready for the pool again.

I'm excited for you! You sound SO happy!

Peter Varvel said...

Hurray for no pain! Congrats on winning the Silver and the Gold!
I will send positive thoughts and energy your way early tomorrow morning (when I wake up - time zone change and all, ya know!)

Beckbee said...

rock on girlie! I love that you are doing the Friday Five thing ;) Makes me smile!!

dadshouse said...

Our local high school team has a badminton team, and they are RUTHLESS when they play. It's insane!

Mark said...

Sounds all good! Yes, Badminton can be ruthless!