Sunday, June 28, 2009

Pride


There are few things that bring me greater happiness than watching friends accomplish things they didn't think were once possible. I get tears in my eyes as friends come across finish lines for the first time or accomplish goal times or even goal distances. I love watching them win the battles in their minds.

I love watching their eyes when they "get" something new. When something clicks. When they realize they just went further than they thought they could. I love it when a concept they read or asked about comes to fruition.

Is it a bit selfish to want to see these accomplishments come alive? They energize me in new ways.

Congratulations Deeann, Greg, Tonya, Janna! Kick some ass this fall, April! You all are working hard and deserve all the grins you get. You're doing great things! I'm proud of you all!

No comments: