Monday, February 15, 2010

Old habits

They say that it takes 30 days to make a new habit stick. I'm not so sure when it involves good food, good wine/beer, or cheese.

I've been using the Weight Watchers website since the last week of December and was really sticking to it. But with the past few weeks' training increasing so much, I've slacked off a bit on logging every morsel passing through my mouth. I've gotten to the point where I do well tracking the first few days of the week, then slack. I need to get back in gear, because old habits are starting to creep back into the picture, not helping the weight loss at all.

This week was tough on workouts as well. I'd planned to hit it hard Wednesday and Thursday, knowing I'd be out of town for the weekend. Well the snow and ice didn't help matters at all. They gym never opens on time on these kinds of days, which screws up the time I have to work out before going to my job. This made me lose a couple of days.

But my trip was cancelled at the last minute. There was no reasonable way to get up to Minnesota on Friday flying standby, so I stayed home. Now you'd think that I'd have made up the workouts over the weekend, but then again, you'd be wrong. Laziness, or rather, procrastination kicked in heaviliy so I ended up not doing anything at all.

And I had cheese fries. The wonderfully, nasty cheese fries from Snuffer's. With ranch dressing.

So today is starting a new week, not only for getting back on track with food, but training. The intensity of the training plan I'm on is ramping up for the next wave. And there will be two days of at least 50 degree weather which is the tipping point for me for outside work. Hopefully, those two days I can get out on the bike after work.

Train hard everyone!

1 comment:

Dave said...

ok...you get motivation problems...geve me a shout...you could have trudge around with me on Saturday morning...and it would have been better the eating...did you say Cheese fries??!?!!?!!! Really?...;-)