Thursday, February 18, 2010

Soooo close!

The goal starting after Christmas was to get down to 150-ish pounds by the end of March using Weight Watchers and tri training. I was probably sitting just a touch over 165. I don't know for sure because I was afraid to get on the scale, but the serious muffin-tops gave it away. I was probably at my all-time heaviest and felt like crap.

There have been some frustrating times and some setbacks as I bounce to happy hours and get too confident in my eating skills - reverting back to old ways. I've been hovering within about 2lbs of 160, going up and down for 3 weeks now, flirting ever so close to that milestone weight. At this point, just getting below 160 would be such a mind boost.

This week has been fantastic for training. The bit of warmth, especially after all the cold we've had, definitely did something to boost my spirits. To top it off, I got a much-needed kick in the ass from my friend and fellow blogger, Dave. He's seriously hard-core and is currently training for the Memorial Bataan Death March race in N.M. next month. He's planning to do it with a 40lb pack on his back. Amazing! I hear about his training and it inspires me to get off my butt and stop whining.

That said, the week was a great one for training! Got in a bit of distance and some speed work on the treadmill for running. There were two amazing swim days, one of which today was 3400yds in 55 minutes (ladder workout from 50-400 and back in 50 increment increases/decreases). I even got a bike ride in with a couple of chilly loops around WRL one afternoon (before heading to happy hour!) I'm hooked again!

Gotta keep focused and keep on track. The workouts are scheduled to get longer and more intense the next few weeks, though thankfully they'll be in increasingly warmer weather for some outdoor training finally.

And to top it off...the scale said 159 this morning. Whee!!!

2 comments:

Dave said...

Thanks for the shout out. You doing well....this weather has been a whip...and you know I am not going to let you slid to far....you know that. ;-)

Deeann said...

WEEEEEE!!!!