Thursday, April 24, 2008

Mom's pushups

I had to laugh last night, because I found out that my mom is in better shape than I am in one respect. That woman can do 40 pushups without any trouble! She's 64!!

Last night I called her on my way home from work since she and Jim are getting ready to go on a trip. We got to chatting about all kinds of things, when she told me she's been stressed at having company in town all the way up to the day they leave. She said that she'd been hitting the gym every day they were there for a little stress relief and to pre-emptively ward off some of the vacation calories.

She mentioned that she had to recently go up to 10lbs in her weight routine, as 8lbs weren't enough anymore. I was so proud of her! I don't think I could do that right now. The legs are strong, but nothing above the hips is in shape. With that, she said that she recently did 20 "real" pushups, then 20 more from her knees and she said that she hardly struggled with it. It made me grin from ear-to-ear! How many of you can say your moms can do that? She's so dang cool!

No comments: