Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Losing sleep and a new bike


There just isn't enough time in a week to do everything that is fun and all that is necessary. How does one fit it all in?

With the pressure of doing a 50k off my chest, I ended taking about a week off of training. Well, let's just say, my lack of sleep dictated I take a week off. For some reason, the past few weeks I've been dead tired as I hit the pillow, but wake up nearly every night between 3:30 and 5, yet can't get back to sleep. By Friday last week I was a complete zombie at work trying to absorb some complex concepts. It was ugly. It took most of last weekend to get caught up, but sure enough, Monday morning I was wide awake at 4:30 this time. What the heck?! I'm going to do some research and call mom to see if she knows something. I haven't changed habits in any way. If she says it's something pre-menopausal though, I may just break down. LOL!


Friday I went out for a few beers after work with friends. Saturday I got up to do my first real "brick" workout in getting ready for the triathlon coming up in a few weeks. I have a g/f here in town who is also doing the race, so she, her bf Rob and I did a couple of laps around a park near them (12 miles), then did about 3m running. It was tiring! And the humidity was nearly unbearable. But we did it and it was fun! As I was running though, I did swear off beer the night before heat training. Bleh! Felt like crap! LOL!


Oh and I got a new bike! Working at REI, I get a 40% off discount on their home brand bike, Novarra. They're just as nice as anything else there. So I bought myself a new road bike. Yay! http://www.rei.com/product/760864 It'll be nice for the race.

1 comment:

Deeann said...

Nice bike! I'm sorry you've been so tired. That stinks! Hopefully you slept better last night.

I can't wait to see you in 2 weeks! This should be fun!!!