Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Update

So the doc called last night (via voice mail) and said that what I have is some kind of virus. Now Mom also called last night with her latest theory of what might be going on and she thought it could be the human parvovirus. After researching a little online (thank you for inventing the internet, Al Gore), this seems to fit the bill perfectly.

I had to laugh at having parvo, sort of. We had a puppy when I was a kid, that we nursed back from near death from parvo. It's pretty nasty in cats and dogs, but in humans, it's just a pain. I was sort of hoping for the instant diet that comes with the canine type, but no luck there. The steroids the doc put me on also gave me a few pounds instead. Hopefully they'll come off soon.

In any case, the worst of it seems to be over other than the really sore joints, thankfully. I'm not ready to do any running or volleyball in the near future, but we'll see what happens in the next few days. The training for upcoming races is certainly screwed, but I'll survive, right? LOL!

I'm just thrilled to hear that it's not lyme's disease or anything worse.

No comments: