Monday, June 23, 2008

Tasty summer treat with rum!

I had a watermelon smoothie last summer and had completely forgotten about it until this weekend. I picked up a seedless watermelon for Greg and Deeann's visit, but hadn't gotten to it. Since it was hot again this weekend (welcome to TX), I figured I'd see if it was still good, and make this treat out of it.

Here's what you do.

Cut open the watermelon (it's key that this is a seedless melon) and scoop out the flesh into a blender.

Blend that sucker up until it's frothy. I like mine with small chunks in it. You may have to do this several times, depending on how big your blender and the melon are. Just move the juice into another container to blend more.

Pour the watermelon juice over ice in a tall glass.

Add rum (mango rum tastes great!) or vodka. Add a lime to cut the sweetness.

Suck it on down. It's low calorie, refreshing and a crowd pleaser!

No comments: