Wednesday, August 6, 2008

4 baseball stadiums in 4 weeks!

Last night I went to a Ranger game and completed a pretty cool accomplishment. I've been to 4 games in 4 weeks and each time, the home team won. Neat, huh?

Here's the rundown:
July 5, Cleveland Indians vs. Minnesota Twins - Free game for military members. Great evening with Deeann and her son, Chris. I'll have to go back when the new stadium is built.

July 19, San Diego Padres vs. St Louis Cardinals - Quick trip to St Louis with Mom and Jim. I was rooting for my Cards and they for their Padres. I love what they did with the new Busch stadium.

July 27, Arizona Diamondbacks vs. San Diego Padres - Once again, it was my first time in the new Petco park. Mom and Jim took me and we had a great time and even got to see "The Closer" take the game to the end.

August 5, NY Yankees vs. Texas Rangers - What an awesome game, though the pitching left something to be desired. Went with the girls and had great seats hovering above homeplate, way up in the nosebleeds. We laughed while watching a poor pigeon trying to get out of the field. The wind from the dying Edouard made all kinds of eddys within the stadium.

1 comment:

said...

Aw man, you like baseball too??! I LOVE baseball and haven't been to a game in ages because I don't really know anyone who likes to go. I want to go to more baseball stadiums too! (My soldier promised me a trip to Chicago next summer to see the infamous Wrigley! Woohoo!) I have been to Fenway but ... I'm missin' out, aren't I?