Monday, April 20, 2009

Good training day!

Last night I watched the Weather Channel to get an idea of how the week would shape up for training and to see if I could get a commute to work in early in the week. Sure enough, Monday and Tuesday look good. I decide Tuesday is the best day for a commute so I can pre-plant work clothes in my locker at work and not have to worry about packing them with me.

So as I'm packing one bag, I'm trying to figure out what to do with Monday. If I go to the gym on the way to work, that means I have to pack another bag of work clothes. Hmm...I think about it a bit more, check my calendar at work, and realize that a lunchtime jog is in order. I figure I've got to run down to the locker room anyway to plant Tuesday's clothes so I might as well change and get a run in. I throw in my swimsuit as well, just in case I get the urge to throw in a swim after work as well.

Ahhh...today was PERFECT! It was 68 degrees, sunny and the wind was barely moving when I went down at 11 to change. Though I wanted to get in 4 miles, I figured I'd better back off for the ride tomorrow. It's going to be a beating, I'm sure. My hamstrings were still tight after doing a lot of yardwork over the weekend. What a nice run it was though. I got in 3 miles and it was just right.

I did end up going to the pool on the way home and got 11oo yards in today. I figure I'll just keep upping each workout by 100 yards or more. Woo hoo! Fun day!

Tomorrow, it's a 52 mile r/t bike ride to/from work. Again, the weather should be perfect. Wednesday should only be a swim as I know my legs will be shot.

Carry on, y'all!

No comments: