Thursday, April 16, 2009

Oh we oh we oh we oh waaay aaahhaaahh...


Yippee skippy! One of the best e-mails ever came through at work yesterday.
You see, last summer I was recapping the TV show "Greatest American Dog". It wasn't the best show around, but it got me a great little perk. CBS wanted to promote the show more so they asked the site I write for, http://www.realitynewsonline.com/ if we wouldn't mind interviewing the contestants as they were sent home. Why not, right? I had a fantastic time doing that, but in the swing of it, I got to be good phone friends with the guy who is the CBS rep.

As it turns out, we got to talking about Survivor and he became the contact for the contestants. Woo hoo! I do enjoy talking to him and make a point of it about once every week or two during the season.
Now those who know me, know that Survivor is my all-time favorite show and I'd just about kill to be on it. I've tried to get on for a long time, but nothing has quite hit the spot yet with the casting folks. So in the meantime, I'm working as many other angles as possible.

Back to yesterday's e-mail. My guy came through. The e-mail essentially is a ticket into the LIVE SURVIVOR: TONCANTINS FINALE in New York at the Ed Sullivan theatre!! I can't tell you just how excited I was to get that note, too. I squealed enough to have the prairie dogs pop their heads over their cubes to see what was happening. Once they saw that it wasn't that exciting for them, I tried to find a few of the people in the pool.

Ended up calling my brother, who is also an avid fan and he seems to be excited for me too.

Now I'm in travel mode, trying to figure out where to stay, how to get there, what the trains are and to which airport to go. Wow!

Once that's done, I have to figure out what to wear to make sure Jeff Probst drops whomever his latest girlfriend is, 'cause this chick is gonna get at those dimples.

I'll update you all again after the show.

1 comment:

said...

WOW!!! You go girl!! How fun!

And yes, I agree on the dimples...