Monday, May 11, 2009

5/11 workout

Tired. Man, now I'm worried about the tri. Then again, maybe I'm still tired from the ride on Saturday. Maybe it's because I woke up long before the crack-ass of dawn (4-ish) and couldn't get back to sleep. Today's workout wasn't good.

Actually, I guess the run wasn't too bad. I did a 3 mile ladder in about 30 minutes, which included a 5 minute walk to start. I cooled off a bit before changing into my suit and swimming.

The plan was to do another 2000, but the arms were really tired. To top that off I was sharing the only lap lane open with another lady (normally not bad), but then a kid (young teen?) got in with a waist belt on and was jogging. To top it off, there was another young girl sitting on the steps at one end of the pool, invariably getting in the way. Dodging all three was frustrating. Top that off with being tired and I just gave up and left at 800yds. I could've probaby finished 1500, but there wasn't anything going on conduicive to a good workout.

I guess tomorow will be a weight/core day instead. Sigh..maybe I can get in a ride.

2 comments:

said...

Effort girl. You're still putting in effort.

That has to count, right?

I have a cold but still ran 2 miles on the treadmill last night. Surely that counts.

We'll be fine. We're gonna have fun!

Peter Varvel said...

Ooh, I hate sharing a lane with more than one person. It really messes up your own individual rhthym and pacing . . . I'm cheerleading for you on the west coast sidelines here!
And guess what my word verification is? 'wings'
It's a sign!