Saturday, May 9, 2009

Miscellaney

I love to socialize with a few people so when they make a call about a "status meeting at Stratos" at 3:30 late in the week, I'm usually in. Dangit if it wasn't my run/swim day. Did I do the right thing and go run? Nope. Sabotage.

I've been eating badly as well. I do well at work during the day for the most part, but now that I'm home quite a bit in the evenings doing schoolwork, I end up chowing down a lot. It's not pretty. I keep sabotaging my weight. Frustrating.

The past week or so has been really wet and windy. While the wet is great for my new lawn, it's not so good for the bike riding.

Fortunately today was a perfect day for riding. A few neighbor friends and I went down to Cedar Hill (south Dallas) for the organized ride down there. We did 42 miles and it was perfect. A few hills, perfect cool weather, lots of energy, and a big burger at the end. I love these organized rides. Thousands show up and it's such a great sense of camraderie. The legs are tired. I probably could've forced my way through the 60 miler, but it wouldn't have been fun. Next month.

Oh, I got a new pair of cycling shorts at REI yesterday. http://www.rei.com/product/765087 They were on sale and man, they were exactly what I needed. Lots of padding and very comfortable. They'll be great for RAGBRAI in July!

Update -
Friday bit the bullet and swam 2000yds strong.
100 warmup
5x200 x 4mins (these all went faster than usual...3:05-:08 most times!)
1x500 x 10 mins
6x50 x 1 min
100 cool down

Hey T if you're reading this, I hear the water at the lake is just about warm enough to swim now. If you're home Memorial Day weekend we should get you out there...

1 comment:

said...

Well yeah I'm reading. And yes, I say let's do it.

Let me know girl.

(And I've not been good either. We have to motivate each other I guess, right?)