Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Olympic lenght triathlon

So I'm debating doing my first olympic length triathlon (1500m swim, 40k bike, 10k run).

One of the guys in my circle of former Adventure Team friends has gotten into triathlons the past few years and said that he was planning to do this one this year. http://www.toyotausopentriathlon.com/site7.aspx

So I'm looking at my event calendar for the year and think it actually might fit in well with what is going on this fall. I have 2 major bike events, RAGBAI and Hotter n Hell, in July and August, then the next major event is a half in Las Vegas in December. I'm thinking that by the time I'm ready to start training for the half, this will be the mid-point.

Whaddya think?

3 comments:

said...

You go girl. Thanks for the tri transition tips. I'm looking forward to this weekend!

Deeann said...

Oh my goodness! I shouldn't be surprised by this though.

I think you should do it! Why not? You're kicking butt in the swim this year. Those distances are totally do-able!

Unknown said...

Kari,
Have you ever thought of doing the triathlon for charity? You are already doing the triathlons, might as well help someone else at the same time. http://www.ethanforautism.org/index-1.html

Jeff