Wednesday, May 13, 2009

5/13 workout

Skipped yesterday because of too many other things to get done (and it was too damn windy to ride), but made up for it this morning. I did a brick workout in the gym, meaning I did a session on the bike and immediately went over to the treadmill to run. It's funny how wobbly the legs are between the two. It takes a good 1/4-1/2 mile to really get steady again.

Spin (25 mins) -
Warmup 5 mins, increasing tension. Then I just used the music on my MP3 to determine if I was doing speed, hills or jumps. I love when (old) U2 comes on because it just energizes me.

Dreadmill (28 mins)-
Since no warmup was really needed, I jumped on and started out at 5.8mph. Then increased by .2 every 2 mins up to 6.6, then 2 mins each down again to 6.0. Then I just stayed at 6.4 through a song and took a quick slowdown after each one before ramping back up again. At 2.3 miles, I did 1/2 mile on a 2.5 incline to simulate that damn hill at the end of the run at our Austin tri. It was tiring, so I dropped to 5.8 again. Cooled down.

Good workout. Tired, achy, but worth it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for such good information.......If you love to workout, just like me......Please check out the blogs mentioned below, its really informative !!!!..... check it out m sure you'll love it.

http://staysharpwithworkouts.blogspot.com